| Mari Ming Onette
마리 밍 오네트
2nd Job: Gunslinger - Skill Tree (Unreleased)
3rd Job: Polaris - Skill Tree (Unreleased)
4th Job: Geas - Skill Tree (Unreleased)
"The last survivor of Kounat."
- Name: Mari Ming Onette
- Age: Unknown (~15)
- Likes: Speed reading, Things that spark her interest
- Dislikes: Cacophony, The ordinary
Mari is the last remaining survivor of an ancient kingdom once known as "Kounat." Having lost her memory, Mari no longer remembers who she is or where she is from. Mari possesses rune casting skills and magical abilities previously unheard of in this area of the world. She is immensely curious about the unknown and fascinated by subjects new to her. While satiating her curiosity by researching the monsters found inside the Temple of Destruction, Mari found herself face to face with the Grand Chase. Having her curiosity piqued by the Highlander skills of Sieghart, Mari decides to join them.
Mari cannot reveal her thoughts to people around her since she has been alone for a long time. But for the people who she is interested in or those she likes, she indirectly shows her feelings by acting discreetly nicely. She does not talk much normally and seems as if she is deeply in thought but gets a little chatty when she is talking about something she likes. When she likes something she can't get rid of it for a long while.
The Rocket Jump is one of Mari's major tools. It projects the hand down to her side, using Runic forces to let her soar high into the skies. The command is +, though she shoots it right at the moment her simple Dash ends.
Apparently the Rocket Jump is one of the highest jumping vessels used; it simply overpowers the Crossbowman's High Jump, or even the Double Jump performed by Amy, Thief, Archer, and Nova classes.
In addition to the Polaris' KORMET, it can use a horizontal propulsion after the Rocket Jump.
Trivia: Noticeably, the Runic force seems to come out of Mari's buttocks. However, if one looks closely, her hand is near her side projecting the rune.
A shield created that substitutes Mana for Health.¹ In other words, when attacked all damage taken is removed from the MP bar as long as Mari has MP stored. If the damage exceeds the amount of MP stored, it will remove the excess damage from the Health (HP) bar. It can be a useful skill, as it protects one from harmful danger. The shield lasts 10 seconds, but has no cooldown.
The command is +.
The Mana Shield protects the user from the following types of damage:
- Poison ²
- Curse ²
- Freezing ²
- Petrification ²
- Ranged attacks
- Toxic clouds ²
- Fireballs and burning effects ²
- Breath attacks
- Shock or electrocution
- Combination/Application attacks
- MP skills used by other players
- 1. Ironically, the Mana Shield does not use any Mana (MP) when activated, despite the intention of it being used. However, even though it doesn't use MP to activate, players still need even just a small amount of MP stored for the Shield to take effect. For example, if the player has 1 bar of MP, the Shield can be activated and protect the player for just that 1 bar. And if there are 3 bars stored, the Shield will protect the player for all 3 bars, and so on.
- 2. Though the player will initially be protected from poison, curse, being frozen, burnt, or petrified, their effects may outlast the duration of the Mana Shield. Any type of DoT effect will continue to drain Mana until the MP bar is empty, at which point it will begin to drain Health (HP). If the effect of the Mana Shield is still there when breaking out of petrification or being frozen, the Mana Shield will absorb the damage afterwards. Thus, it is useful to activate the Shield just before being hit with these effects or when knowing that those effects will make contact.
Machinery CratesA crate containing a special tool is provided. It is noted that the crate has a number on it, indicating the level on the crate. However, all the crates contain different objects, so there is no technical "strength" level.
Command is ++. Note that the represents the number pressed. However, a player doesn't press immediately to create the special tool, the unfinished crates will explode immediately, acting like a mine.
Interesting to note that the creates will have the word "Sector" on it followed by the "Lv." and a "number".
Machinery Crates summoned:
- Rune Caster
- Level 1 - A blue cannon that shoots a cannonball horizontally for a short distance. Fires six times.
- Level 2 - A red cannon that shoots a cannonball upward at a low arc for a short distance. Fires six times and creates a burning effect on the ground.
- Level 1 - A Push Board that pushes enemies away causing a small amount of damage. These work like big proximity mines with no explosion effect. It lasts 8 seconds if untouched and disappears once it comes in contact with an enemy.
- Level 2 - The Triple Missile launcher is a misnomer in that it only launches two missiles upwards at a medium height. Each missile, however, explodes in midair to release three individual warheads that shoot to the ground at the same area. This has a longer range than either of the Rune Caster's cannons. These work similarly to ICBMs that launch individual nuclear warheads.
- Note: The larger missile fired from the cannon will just pass through the enemy, having no effect at all. It's best used on long-range targets.
- Level 1 - A small device with two prods on it that increases the rate of MP regenerated when the party stands near it. You can think of this as a "battery recharger" for Mana (MP). It is similar to Ryan's Totems (Defense, HP, MP), which are found in the Druid Skill Tree.
- Level 2 - A red cannon appears to mix Rune Caster's and Gunslinger's Level 2 Crate, but shoots two sets of three cannonballs over a shorter distance, and causes the ground to burn where it lands.
- Level 3 - Teleportation platforms that allow the group to teleport from one location to another in the room. The player has to construct two of these in different locations for it to work— one as a starting point and the other as an exit. Summoning a third portal will erase the first one made. Note that they will stay on the ground forever. on the other side, each portal cost around half a mana bar.
There are numerous Orbs that usually amplify Mari's usual abilities. Often they act as a projectile VIA the or the Critical/Double command, depending on the class. Sometimes they will act as a buff. The orbs stay around for a large sum of time, raging 12-20 seconds, depending on the orb.
The summoning command is ++, and each will have a runic "mark" during the time of summon, and takes approximately 3 seconds for one to appear, and currently only two runics appear meaning the summon time is 6 seconds total. Different orbs can be summoned prior to job.
Note that Mari can simply dash to cancel the summon, to simply avoid any incoming attacks.
- Rune Caster
- Level 1 - Spawns a Blue Orb that fires slightly downward. Summoned at any point and stays for 20 seconds.
- Level 2 - Spawns a Red Orb that fires slightly upward. Summoned at the first mark and stays for 20 seconds.
- Level 3 - Spawns a Green Orb that can be launched steep downward while rising upward. Summoned at second mark or full duration and stays for 20 seconds.
- Frost Enchantment - Enchants a single bullet with Ice, causing freezing effects upon impact. Summoned at full duration; you may wait as long as you want to fire.
- Mana Orb - Spawns a Blue Orb, and when equipped, enhances the Mana Regen greatly. Summoned at full duration (first mark) while remaining for 12 seconds.
- Repair - Spawns three small Blue Orbs, and when equipped, enhances Mana regeneration by a small amount for 12 seconds, however when hit the orbs disappear and instantly allows Mari to recover half an MP bar.
A tool that summons a type of machinery that is used to support Mari in battle. For each of Mari's jobs, the machine summoned becomes more different in each one. It masks over the Basic Combo, Critical/Double, Jump Attacks, and Dash Attacks. It lasts for 20 seconds, and it takes about 5 seconds to construct one. There is no cooldown.
The coordinates are ++ (Spam). Note that there are rare occasions it will fail at random.
Polaris constructs a miniature robot whom fights with fists and rockets plus an expansion its size called "KORMET".
Mari can be unlocked by purchasing a Mission scroll from the shop and completing its objective.
"My name is the only thing I remember. Maybe if I just focused on the now instead of forcing myself to remember, my memories will resurface on their own. Won't you join me?"
- Mari Ming Onette -
|Cost||Mission Item||Mission Objectives|
|3000 GP||Worn-Out Mari Mission|
|9800 Cash||Mari Mission (Cash)||