Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The last survivor of Kounat."
- Name: Mari Ming Ornette
- Age: Unknown
- Hobbies: Studying, Testing, Assembling, Disassembling
- Likes: Speed reading, Things that spark her interest, Explosions, The perfect part
- Dislikes: Cacophony, The ordinary, Sieghart's jokes
- Weakness: A rare sample, Simple jobs
Mari is the last remaining survivor of an ancient kingdom once known as "Kounat", which was destroyed. Having lost her memory, Mari no longer remembers who she is or where she is from. Mari possesses rune casting skills and magical abilities previously unheard of in this area of the world. She is immensely curious about the unknown and fascinated by subjects new to her.
In actuality, this girl who has lost all memories of her past is actually the daughter of Hadunak Myu Ornette, the king of Kounat. Even during her childhood, Mari stood out with her prowess at magic engineering, receiving the teachings of not only the humans but also the elves and dwarves.
To preserve her life during the Great Explosion caused by Baldinar, Mari entered into a long period of hibernation inside an escape pod. When she awoke from her long sleep, she was devoid of memories of her past and was driven by her curiosity to wander the Temple of Destruction in Xenia. While satiating her curiosity by researching the monsters found inside the Temple of Destruction, Mari found herself face to face with the Grand Chase. Having her curiosity piqued by the Highlander skills of Sieghart, Mari decides to join them upon the invitation of the Highlander Sieghart.
As a Cancer, Mari has free and unconventional thoughts, not inhibiting her great curiosity about people and uncommon things. She is often mistaken for a cold, emotionless doll incapable of speech. Her loss of memory due to the long sleep usually causes awkward moments in her communications with others, sometimes causing embarrassment to her companions who do not understand her very well.
Mari cannot reveal her thoughts to people around her since she has been alone for a long time. But for the people who she is interested in or those she likes, she indirectly shows her feelings by acting discreetly nicely. She does not talk much normally and seems as if she is deeply in thought but gets a little chatty when she is talking about something she likes. When she likes something she can't get rid of it for a long while.
Rocket Jump, as the name implies, allows Mari to jump extremely high. She projects her hand down to her side, using runic forces to let her soar high into the skies. The command is +, though she shoots it right at the moment her simple Dash ends. Rocket Jump is more powerful than the Crossbowman's High Jump, or even the Double Jump performed by Amy, Thief, Archer, and Nova classes.
In addition to the Polaris' KORMET, it can use a horizontal propulsion after the Rocket Jump.
Mana Shield, as the name implies, creates a shield out of mana that deducts it instead of health, strengthening her defenses. Mana Shield only protects Mari for the amount mana she has prior to activation; for example, if the player has 1 bar of MP, the shield can be activated and protect the player for just that 1 bar, And if there are 3 bars stored, the shield will protect the player for all 3 bars, and so on. If the damage exceeds the amount of MP stored, it will remove the excess damage from the Health (HP) bar. The shield lasts 10 seconds, but has no cooldown. The activation command is +.
Ironically, the Mana Shield does not use any Mana (MP) when activated, despite the intention of it being used. However, even though it doesn't use MP to activate, players still need even just a small amount of MP stored for the Shield to take effect.
The Mana Shield protects the user from the following types of damage:
- Ranged attacks
- Toxic clouds
- Fireballs and burning effects
- Breath attacks
- Shock or electrocution
- Combination/Application attacks
- MP skills used by other players
Machinery Crates are crates containing a special tool, depending on the class and crate's level. It is noted that the crate has a number on it, indicating the level on the crate. However, all the crates contain different objects, so there is no technical "strength" level. Activation command is ++; note that the represents the number pressed. However, if a player doesn't press immediately to create the special tool, the unfinished crates will explode immediately, acting like a mine.
However, with the arrival of the Rune Caster Skill Tree Update, every single machinery is created quickly by just pressing plus an arrow. The type of machinery created depends on which arrow is pressed. Even if Mari does not need to put down crates, a cooldown of 10 seconds is still applied in PvP to prevent spamming and clogging the map.
Machinery Crates summoned:
- Rune Caster
- Level 1 - A blue cannon that shoots a cannonball horizontally for a short distance. Fires six times. After the update, this machine is summoned with + .
- Level 2 - A red cannon that shoots a cannonball upward at a low arc for a short distance. Fires six times and creates a burning effect on the ground. After the update, this machine is summoned with + .
Both of the Rune Caster's cannons can be upgraded with a improved version in her skill tree.
- Level 1 - A Push Board that pushes enemies away causing a small amount of damage. These work like big proximity mines with no explosion effect. It lasts 8 seconds if untouched and disappears once it comes in contact with an enemy. After the update, this machine is summoned with + .
- Level 2 - The Triple Missile launcher is a misnomer in that it only launches two missiles upwards at a medium height. Each missile, however, explodes in midair to release three individual warheads that shoot to the ground at the same area. This has a longer range than either of the Rune Caster's cannons. These work similarly to ICBMs that launch individual nuclear warheads. After the update, this machine is summoned with + .
- Note: The larger missile fired from the cannon will just pass through the enemy, having no effect at all.
- Level 1 - A small device with two prods on it that increases the rate of MP regenerated when the party stands near it. After the update, this machine is summoned with + .
- Level 2 - A red cannon appears to mix Rune Caster's and Gunslinger's Level 2 Crate, but shoots two sets of three cannonballs over a shorter distance, and causes the ground to burn where it lands. this machine is summoned with + .
- Level 3 - Teleportation platforms that allow the group to teleport from one location to another in the room. The player has to construct two of these in different locations for it to work — one as a starting point and the other as an exit. Summoning a third portal will erase the first one made. Note that they will stay on the ground forever. After the update, this machine is summoned with + .
There are numerous Orbs that usually amplify Mari's usual abilities. Often they act as a projectile through the or the Critical/Double command or acts as a buff, depending on the class. The orbs stay around for a large sum of time, raging 12-20 seconds, depending on the orb. The summoning command is ++, and each will have a runic "mark" during the time of summon, and takes approximately 3 seconds for one to appear, and only two runics appear meaning the summon time is 6 seconds total. Different orbs can be summoned prior to job.
The player can simply dash to cancel the summon, to simply avoid any incoming attacks.
However, after the Rune Caster Skill Tree update, Rune Caster is no longer able to summon the Energetic Orbs. Thus, a Rune Caster pressing will summon a Nano Machine and an aura that damages nearby opponents. Aside from Mana Shield, more moves in Stance Mode (named "Arcane Mode" for the Rune Caster) are available in her skill tree.
- Rune Caster
- Level 1 - Spawns a Blue Orb that fires slightly downward. Summoned at any point and stays for 20 seconds. (No longer available)
- Level 2 - Spawns a Red Orb that fires slightly upward. Summoned at the first mark and stays for 20 seconds. (No longer available)
- Level 3 - Spawns a Green Orb that can be launched steep downward while rising upward. Summoned at second mark or full duration and stays for 20 seconds. (No longer available)
- Frost Enchantment - Enchants a single bullet with Ice, causing freezing effects upon impact. Summoned at full duration.
- Mana Orb - Spawns a Blue Orb, and when equipped, enhances the Mana Regen greatly. Summoned at full duration (first mark) while remaining for 12 seconds.
- Repair - Spawns three small Blue Orbs, and when equipped, enhances Mana regeneration by a small amount for 15 seconds, however when hit the orbs disappear and instantly allows Mari to recover half an MP bar.
Mari can also summon machines to aid her in battle. For each of Mari's jobs, the machine summoned becomes more different in each one. It masks over the Basic Combo, Critical/Double, Jump Attacks, and Dash Attacks. It lasts for 20 seconds, and it takes about 5 seconds to construct one, but with no cooldown. Activation command is ++~. Note that on rare occasions it may randomly fail.
Polaris constructs a miniature robot whom fights with fists and rockets plus an expansion its size called "KORMET".
Mari can be unlocked by purchasing a Mission scroll from the shop and completing its objective.
"My name is the only thing I remember. Maybe if I just focused on the now instead of forcing myself to remember, my memories will resurface on their own. Won't you join me?"
- Mari Ming Ornette -
|Cost||Mission Item||Mission Objectives|
|3000 GP||Worn-Out Mari Mission|
|9800 Cash||Mari Mission (Cash)||