Job Changes allows a character to obtain new job classes. Job changes are available for all characters. Each character has a total of four, within the exception of Asin and Lime who were only planned with one.
The second, third, and fourth job change can be obtained by buying the specific mission scroll from the Academy tab in the shop and completing the quest given. As of Grand Chase Chaos, a level requirement no longer exists.
Dio, Zero, Ley, and Rufus are currently the only characters that "stacks" upon another. Because of this, they use both previous and newer abilities simultaneously.
Players can change classes by wielding different job weapons. For example, if players equip a staff for Arme, then they will be able to use her 1st class, Magician. If they equip a lamp, however, then Arme will then change to her 3rd class, Warlock. The exceptions are Dio, Zero and Ley, who use their initial weapons for all their classes. Players must have the weapon needed, along with the job change mission completed, or they will not be able to use the class.
If the character is not equipped with a weapon, however, the character will wield a seemingly "wooden", "dull", or "inferior" version of the first job weapon, depending on the character.
Players may use the Dual Wielding System to equip up to two different class weapons but only if they have unlocked that class.
Second Job Change QuestEdit
|20||1||-||Marsh of Oblivion||-||Investigate||HP Potion(M)x2|
|2||-||Forsaken Barrows||-||Slay 8 Zombie Stone Orcs|
|3||-||Forgotten City||-||Slay Paradom and collect 3 Orbs.|
|4||-||Anywhere||-||Slay 100 lv ± 2 monsters||
Lv0 2nd Job Fusion Set (4 Days), lv20 2nd Job Practice Weapon, +10 Bag
Third Job Change QuestEdit
|30||1||-||Ruins of the Silver Knights||-||Investigate||HP Potion(M)x2|
|2||-||Lake Aurora||-||Slay 4 Coral Fiends|
|3||-||King Guang's Fen||-||Slay King Guang 5 times|
|4||-||Anywhere||-||Slay 120 lv ± 2 monsters|
|5||The Crucible||Investigate twice||Lv0 3rd Job Fusion Set (7 Days), lv 30 3rd Job Practice Weapon, +10 Bag|
Fourth Job Change QuestEdit
|40||1||-||Partusay's Sea||Champion Mode||Clear 6 times||HP Potion(L)|
|2||-||Kamiki's Castle||-||Slay Kamiki and collect 6 Lesser Orbs|
|3||-||Temple of Fire||-||Slay Basilisk and collect 6 Greater Orbs|
|4||-||Anywhere||-||Slay 250 lv ± 2 monsters|
|5||-||Sanctum of Destruction||-||Clear 4 times||Lv0 4th Job Fusion Set (7 Days), lv40 4th Job Practice Weapon, +10 Bag|
Fourth Job CrestsEdit
During the time of the 4th Job's release, a character Crest was distributed to whomever obtained the said Job during the event with the exception of Rama, who had to do a 4th mission instead. They are Hero of Bermesiah, The Light of Nations, Crest of the Grand Magnus, Shadow Master, Nature's Guardian, Legendary Abyss Knight, God's Delegate, Protector of the Gods, and God's Knight.
- Strangely, Rama and Prime Knight were not given a 4th job accessory.
- Originally, Prime Knight did not have a crest until the Gladiator Skill Tree was released.
- All 4th jobs after Prime Knight (Geas, Twilight, and Arbiter) do not have a crest.
- The Job Changes for Dio, Zero, and Ley was based off of the Job Changes in Elsword, where the characters retain their weapon and fighting style while receiving new abilities.
- Strangely, SGI Interactive, the publisher of Grand Chase, has yet to change the requirements on the official Grand Chase website. However, this isn't the first time their information was left outdated.
- All Job Change Armors were removed from the shop, and turned into Fusion armor given as rewards for completing a job advancement.